Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pokémon Mixed-Media Masterpiece

          Recently, I did a mixed-media project in Photoshop CS6 & CC. I used a photo from the Wachussett Reservoir Dam, a picture of Ho-Oh, Drawings of music notes and a Poké Ball, a painting I made, and a gradient overlap.

           The strongest part of this project is the background. The background is probably the most complex part of this project. I used a painting, a gradient, and a lot of Poké Balls.

          I could improve on the frames. The reason why I think I should improve on this area is that the drop shadow was not used on one of the frames. I could also improve on image placement & follow the rule of thirds better.

          The easiest part of this project was probably laying out all of the mediums/layers. The reason why making out the layout was easy is that I could experiment with different mediums, filters, & adjustments. The layout also is a way to make my ideas a reality.

          The difficult part of this project was probably choosing the photo. It was difficult because I had many photos, and only a few could make the cut. One of the requirements was to have a person in the photo, which is a really rare sight in my photos due to being a nature photographer.

         
          I used my illustrator music notes & Poké Balls in the foreground. I used my photo & Polaroid frames in the mid-ground. I used my painting with a gradient overlay in overlay blending mode with Poké Balls of all different sizes & blending modes for the background. I used my autograph & an inspirational aphorism as typography. I used 6 cutouts & frames.

          If I could do this project again, I'd take more advantage of my filters & adjustments, and make better drop shadows.






My rating: 10

          This project helped me to express my photos in an extremely creative way. It got me to think more constructively to make this project really good. It helped me look at all of the possibilities I had. If I had an opportunity to do this project again, I would definitely accept the offer.

1 comment:

  1. Effort:4
    Composition:3 (try placing your polaroids at angles)
    Objective:4
    Craftsmanship:4
    Reflection: 4
    A

    ReplyDelete